- Close your door, look at the children, breathe deeply, and teach from your heart like no one is watching.
- Slow down and listen - Focus on the little hearts and minds in front of you. Does anything else really matter right this second?
- Be honest without being negative
- Focus on small things to make big changes over time.
- Let go of what is out of your hands.
- Be the point of positive impact for that child or that other member of staff.
- Find something that brings you joy with your children and be sure it happens often.
- Find one area you feel lacking in (we all have those areas) and google it. Research and read all you can until you feel like you have a plan to change one part of what you are doing to make it better. You may even find that what you are doing is actually right on track!
- Prioritise and let the rest go
- Remember to build in your own rewards
- Be yourself because you are amazing...you are a TEACHER!
With less than four weeks left of teaching time i know people are frazzled, tired and suffering from report writing overload and burnout. Read the tips below to help survive until the end of term